SWISS MUSIC BUSINESS
NEXT GENERATION ?
18.11 – UPSTAIRZ – 14h30-16h00
The musical landscape is changing at a very high pace
The digital world constantly impacts the way music is broadcasted and consumed, which also has its repercussions on the music business and Switzerland is not spared, on the contrary.
Part of this revolution comes from the new generations who understand these new technologies and apply them to their daily music consumption.
wēi jī means « crisis » in Chinese. The word is composed of two characters signifying danger and opportunity.
DANGERS – OPPORTUNITIES
What are the consequences for the « old school » ?
What are the opportunities for young people?
OLD TIMERS ?
- How did the rules change? (from iTunes to Spotify, radio broadcasting rights to live music…)
- Networking: is Real Life still the key?
- Management, Production, Promotion, Booking, what’s new?
- Self made bands: can one take care of his/her own career entirely, 360 degrees?
Career opportunities in the Swiss Music Business:
- Are there places available?
- New technologies, new activities?
- Is education in Switzerland adequate from this point of view?
- Can the Swiss Music Business evolve?